Haygain HG One
Haygain HG One
Includes free delivery!
Or pay over 6 months - find out more
The Haygain hay steamer is the only scientifically proven method for purifying hay. It improves the hygienic quality of the hay to reduce the health threat from respirable dust, mould spores and pathogens to produce highly palatable and nutritious forage. Benefits include:
- Reduces respirable dust in hay and haylage by up to 99%
- Kills mould, bacteria, fungal spores and mite faces
- Increases palatability and reduces wastage
- Improves respiratory health for all horses, helps stop the cough
- Aids in the prevention of respiratory conditions
- Ideal for fussy eaters
- Is suitable for laminitic, colic prone and post-operative horses
- Is user-friendly for day-in, day-out use, even in the busiest yard
- Extends the shelf-life of haylage by up to four days
- Scientifically proven with published research
The HG One+ incorporates Haygain's patented steam distribution manifold spike system. This enables steam to penetrate the centre of the forage outwards at temperatures in excess of 100ºC / 212ºF, to eliminate respirable dust and kill mould spores and bacteria.
The HG One+’s lid is double-skinned for exceptional strength and thermal efficiency in all ambient temperatures without compromising on performance. The lid has been designed with special “pockets” that allow the condensation to collect and then fall back evenly onto the hay.
- Filling Funnel
- 6 month payment option - find out more
- Free delivery and 12 months warranty
- 30 days returns policy
Quick and easy to use, the HG One+ steams forage in approximately 60 minutes using a 1.5 kW steam generator with a water capacity of 3.5 litres sufficient for one steaming cycle. The steam generator features a stainless steel boiler shell and the specially designed heating element is located outside the boiler, thus reducing damage from limescale build-up; this extends the life of the element considerably.
- Weight: 23kg (combined weight of hay container and steam generator)
- Dimensions: 565mm diameter x 737mm height
- Feeds 1 horse
- Holds up to 7kg of forage either in a haynet or loose wedges
- Steaming cycle from cold approximately 60 minutes
- Ideal for everyday use on the yard, lightweight and compact: easy to take to shows
- 1.5kW steam generator, 3.5 litre capacity
- Weatherproof and UV protected
- Patent title: Apparatus for and Method of Steam Treating of Fodder (Official No 2454969 and 2477874)
- Made in the United Kingdom
*The number of horses the HG One+ feeds is an approximate guide only based on portion size, compaction of hay, size of bale and number of steam cycles per day.
*** Haynet not included***